Prime Time Family
Prime Time Family Reading brings caregivers and their six- to 10-year-old children together to explore notable books and big ideas through reading and discussion. Our programs focus on the humanities, and we choose the books for discussion around themes such as caring, inquiring, and sustainability to facilitate meaningful conversation among family members in settings such as schools, libraries, and community centers.
You and the littles ones in your life will learn together through literature, while exploring strategies for continued family bonding through books and getting important information about library and other resources for additional reading once the program ends.
How Prime Time Family Reading works
- FREE for children ages six to 10 and parents, grandparents, or other caregivers
- 90-minute sessions in the evenings once per week for six weeks
- Includes complimentary books for families
- Storytellers read beautifully illustrated, award-winning children’s books filled with culturally diverse stories, folk tales, and historical accounts from around the world
- Discussion leaders guide participants to personally connect with literature and think beyond who, what, when, and where with open-ended questions that inspire critical thinking